ILLINOIS'S INTERLOCKINGS

NEW YORK CENTRAL

Kankakee Branch

Segments now owned by Norfolk Southern, some segments abandoned.


DELMAR
Mechanical interlocking installed 1906
Replaced with automatic interlocking late 1960's

Former crossing with Milwaukee Road Terre Haute Division, abandoned 1980.

MG TOWER (Momence)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1893
Closed 1993

Crossing with Chicago & Eastern Illinois main line, and former crossing with Milwaukee Road Illinois Iowa & Minnesota line, abandoned 1978.

KANKAKEE JCT.
Tower listed with Illinois Central

CLARK CITY
Non interlocked crossing

Former crossing with Illinois Central Tracy line, abandoned by 1930's.

REDDICK
Tower listed with Wabash

DWIGHT
Tower listed with Chicago & Alton

STREATOR JCT.
Tower listed with Chicago & Alton

STREATOR
Tower listed with Santa Fe

STREATOR (WEST)
Tower listed with Chicago & Alton

LOSTANT
Mechanical interlocking installed 1902
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1955

Former crossing with Illinois Central Amboy District, abandoned 1984.

MCNABB JCT.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1904

Former crossing with Rutland Toluca & Northern Railroad, abandoned 1937.

BELOW NOT INCLUDED IN CONRAIL 1976

HOWE (Depue)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1909
Closed early 1980's

Bridge over Illinois River.

LADD
Non interlocked crossing

Crossing with Burlington Streator & Zearing Subdivision, now Illinois Railway.