ILLINOIS'S INTERLOCKINGS

WABASH

7th District

Segments now owned by NS and various short line operators, some segments abandoned.


FORREST
Electric interlocking installed 1952
Closed 1980's

Former crossing and junction with Toledo Peoria & Western line, which was also used for trackage rights via Toledo Peoria & Western west to Fairbury for Wabash Streator Branch.

ABOVE ABANDONED 1991

STRAWN (Risk)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1900
Replaced with trainman operated interlocking 1944

Former crossing and now a junction with Illinois Central Bloomington District, also now owned by Bloomer Line.

GIBSON CITY
Tower listed with Illinois Central

LOTUS
Mechanical interlocking installed 1904
Replaced with trainman operated interlocking around 1940's

Former crossing with Illinois Central Rantoul District, abandoned around early 1980's.

MANSFIELD
Tower listed with New York Central (Peoria & Eastern)

LODGE
Mechanical interlocking installed 1902
Closed 1959, replaced with CTC installation in Decatur

Former crossing with Illinois Central Havana District, abandoned 1980's.

MONTICELLO
Tower listed with Illinois Central

BEMENT
Tower listed with main line


EARLY CTC INSTALLATIONS

Bement-Lodge-Gibson City
Installed 1956, control machine in dispatcher's office in Decatur
Control machine expanded 1959