ILLINOIS'S INTERLOCKINGS

WABASH

9th District

Now owned by Norfolk Southern.

Was a double track line with single direction ABS between Tolono and Decatur. Until installation of single track CTC in 1954 between Tolono and Bement, described below, and double track CTC in 2000's between Bement and Decatur.


NORTH YARD (Danville)
Tower listed with Chicago & Eastern Illinois

DANVILLE JCT.
Tower listed with Chicago & Eastern Illinois

FAIRMOUNT
Tower listed with Chicago & Eastern Illinois

TOLONO
Tower listed with Illinois Central

BEMENT
Electric interlocking installed 1925
Closed by 1980's

Junction with Wabash line from Chicago, with all lines eventually equipped with CTC.

DECATUR (Brush)
Electric interlocking installed 1952

East end Decatur yard.

Click for Google Map of Decatur

DECATUR (WABIC)
Electric interlocking installed 1953

Crossing with CN former Illinois Central Peoria Subdivision.

DECATUR (Mercer Street)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1913

Junction with Springfield District and Brooklyn District.


EARLY CTC INSTALLATIONS

Tilton-Tolono-Bement
Installed 1950, control machine in dispatcher's office in Decatur
Control machine likely expanded 1954