Now owned by BNSF.
Double track line with single direction ABS, eventually receiving bidirectional signaling or CTC. Information is sketchy for several interlockings, which did not involve other railroads and were presumably less subject to state regulation. Some of these towers might have existed for the convenience of occasional left hand running, which received bidirectional signaling apparently in 1927 between Willow Springs and Joliet, and in 1953 between Chicago and Willow Springs. The installation of CTC around the 1960's enabled the elimination of many towers between Chicago and Joliet. CTC was completed in 2000's between Joliet and Pequot.
Tower listed with Illinois Central
Tower listed with Chicago & Alton
Tower listed with Belt Railway of Chicago
Tower listed with Indiana Harbor Belt
Click for Google Map of Cook County/West-South
Click for Google Map of Will County/Northeast
Closed 1953, replaced with CTC installation at Willow Springs tower
Interlocking installed 1931
UD TOWER (Joliet)
Tower listed with Rock Island
Click for Google Map of Will County/Southwest
Electric interlocking installed 1941
East end of paired track with Chicago & Alton Pequot Subdivision.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1904
West end of paired track with Chicago & Alton Pequot Subdivision.
Installed 1953, control machine at Willow Springs tower