INDIANA'S INTERLOCKINGS

PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD

St. Louis Division

Abandoned 1982-1992.


DAVIS
Tower listed with main line

LIMEDALE (Greencastle)
Electric interlocking installed 1903
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1981

Former crossing with Monon main line.

ABOVE ABANDONED 1982
BELOW ABANDONED 1992

KNIGHTSVILLE
Mechanical interlocking installed after 1908
Closed 1940, replaced with CTC installation at Terre Haute Union Station

Interlocking near Harmony, east end of a double track segment.

BRAZIL
Mechanical interlocking installed 1909
Closed by 1940's/non interlocked
CTC interlocking installed 1940, controlled from Union

Former crossing with Baltimore & Ohio Brazil Branch, abandoned 1966.

PRAIRIE
Mechanical interlocking installed after 1916
Closed 1940, replaced with CTC installation at Terre Haute Union Station

East end freight yard.

Click for Google Map of Terre Haute

UNION (Terre Haute)
Electric interlocking installed 1928

Former crossing with Chicago & Eastern Illinois main line, at Terre Haute Union Station. In 1940 a CTC machine was installed in a station office, controlling much of this line.

VIGO (Terre Haute)
Electric interlocking installed 1928
Closed 1968

Former crossing with New York Central Terre Haute Division, not included in Conrail 1976.

MACKSVILLE
Mechanical interlocking installed after 1916
Closed 1940, replaced with CTC installation at Terre Haute Union Station

Interlocking at west end of a double track segment.


EARLY CTC INSTALLATIONS

Davis-Limedale
Installed 1930, control machine at Limedale tower

Limedale-Terre Haute
Installed 1940, control machine in dispatcher's office at Terre Haute Union Station

Control machine actually operated by a separate leverman, due to Pennsylvania Railroad union agreement prohibiting a dispatcher from operating a control machine.