MICHIGAN'S INTERLOCKINGS

NEW YORK CENTRAL

Old Road

Segments now owned by various short line operators, some segments abandoned.


STURGIS
Tower listed with Pennsylvania Railroad

JONESVILLE
Mechanical interlocking installed 1890
Closed by 1940's/non interlocked

Former crossing and junction with Fort Wayne Branch extending north, not included in Conrail 1976, and Lansing Branch.

FORT WAYNE JCT. (Jonesville)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1892
Closed by 1940's/non interlocked

Former junction with Fort Wayne Branch extending south, not included in Conrail 1976.

BELOW ABANDONED 1973

ADRIAN
Mechanical interlocking installed 1897
Closed 1931

Former crossing with Detroit Toledo & Ironton Tecumseh District, abandoned 1978.

ABOVE ABANDONED 1973

Click for Google Map of Adrian

WB TOWER (Adrian)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1891
Replaced with trainman operated interlocking 1962

Crossing with Wabash.

RIGA
Tower listed with Detroit Toledo & Ironton


EARLY CTC INSTALLATIONS

Jackson-Elkhart
Installed 1958, control machine in dispatcher's office at Jackson Yard