Now owned by CSX.
CTC was installed 1945-1948, enabling the elimination of many towers.
ROUND HOUSE (Michigan City)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1904
Closed 1946, replaced with CTC installation at New Buffalo station
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1956
Former crossing with Monon Michigan City Branch, abandoned 1980.
Click for Google Map of Michigan City
Electric interlocking installed 1912
Bridge over St. Joseph River.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1887
Closed by 1940's
Former crossing, later a junction, with former Pere Marquette Paw Paw Subdivision.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1893
Closed 1948, replaced with CTC installation at Waverly Yard
Former crossing with New York Central South Haven Branch, abandoned 1973.
Electric interlocking installed 1929, controlled from uncertain location
Closed 1945, replaced with CTC installation at Waverly Yard
Little is known about this interlocking, other than it may have handled junction with line between Allegan and Muskegon.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1895
Closed around 1950's
Former crossing with New York Central Kalamazoo Branch, not included in Conrail 1976.
Click for Google Map of Grand Rapids
PLEASANT STREET (Grand Rapids)
Tower listed with main line
Installed 1939, control machine at Lamar tower
Replaced 1945 with new control machine at Waverly Yard (Holland)
Installed 1940, control machine at Round House tower
Replaced 1946 with new control machine in New Buffalo
Grandville-East Saugatuck-St. Joseph
Installed 1945, control machine at Waverly Yard (Holland)
Control machine expanded 1948
Relocated, control machine in dispatcher's office in Grand Rapids
Installed 1946, control machine at New Buffalo station