INDIANA'S INTERLOCKINGS

CHESAPEAKE & OHIO

Wabash Subdivision

Much of route abandoned, remainder now owned by various short line operators.


GRIFFITH
Tower listed with Elgin Joliet & Eastern

ABOVE ABANDONED 1981

QN TOWER (La Crosse)
Interlocking installed 1917
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1954

Former crossing with Monon Michigan City Branch, abandoned 1980. As an automatic interlocking was known as Wade.

LA CROSSE
Mechanical interlocking installed 1908
Closed by 1950's

Former crossing with Pere Marquette La Crosse Subdivision, later a non interlocked junction.

NORTH JUDSON
Tower listed with Pennsylvania Railroad

BELOW ABANDONED 1987

KEWANNA
Tower listed with Pennsylvania Railroad

HOOVER
Tower listed with Pennsylvania Railroad

CW TOWER (Peru)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1914
Replaced with automatic interlocking around 1970's

Former crossing with Wabash main line, west end of a double track segment on Wabash main line.

Click for Google Map of Peru

PERU
Mechanical interlocking installed before 1906
Automatic interlocking installed by 1960's

Former crossing with Nickel Plate Indianapolis Division.


EARLY CTC INSTALLATIONS

Griffith-Peru-Drew-Cheviot
Installed 1951, control machine in dispatcher's office in Peru
Control machine expanded 1952
Completed 1954