ILLINOIS'S INTERLOCKINGS

MILWAUKEE ROAD

Terre Haute Division

Much of route abandoned, remainder now owned by various short line operators.


DELMAR
Tower listed with New York Central

ROWLAND (Tallmadge)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1911

Former crossing with Chicago & Eastern Illinois Indiana Line, abandoned 1946.

ABOVE ABANDONED 1980

WEBSTER
Mechanical interlocking installed 1908
Replaced with automatic interlocking by 1970's

Crossing with Toledo Peoria & Western line.

STOCKLAND
Interlocking installed 1926
Replaced with automatic interlocking by 1940's

Former crossing with Chicago & Eastern Illinois Freeland Park Branch, abandoned 1950.

CHENEYVILLE
Mechanical interlocking installed 1907
Closed by 1980's

Former crossing and now a junction with Nickel Plate Peoria Division, also now owned by Kankakee Beaverville & Southern.

GUNDY (Johannott)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1919
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1927

Former crossing with Chicago & Eastern Illinois Judyville Subdivision, abandoned 1973.

CARTER (Knowles)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1908
Replaced with automatic interlocking by 1930's

Former crossing with Illinois Central Rantoul District, abandoned 1943.

BELOW ABANDONED 1980

WALZ (Danville/Brewer)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1913
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1959

Former crossing with New York Central Peoria & Eastern line.

Click for Google Map of Danville

WALZ (Danville/Brewer)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1913
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1959

Former crossing with Chicago & Eastern Illinois main line.

HUMRICK
Mechanical interlocking installed 1911
Electric interlocking installed 1955
Closed 1980

Former crossing with Nickel Plate Cloverleaf District.

WEST DANA
Mechanical interlocking installed 1912
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1957

Former crossing with Baltimore & Ohio Decatur Subdivision.


EARLY CTC INSTALLATIONS

Puder-Tallmadge
Installed 1930's, control machine at uncertain location

Little is known about this installation, other than that Delmar tower was an intermediate location.