WISCONSIN'S INTERLOCKINGS

MILWAUKEE ROAD

Milwaukee Division/First Subdivision

Now owned by Canadian Pacific.

Double track line originally with single direction ABS. Most interlockings consisted of crossovers and siding switches. CTC was installed as described below. Separate CTC installation remained at Sturtevant until 1990's.


RONDOUT
Tower listed with main line

Click for Google Map of Lake County/North

WADSWORTH
Electric interlocking installed 1906

RANNEY
Mechanical interlocking installed 1887
Electric interlocking installed 1906
Closed 1941

Former crossing with Chicago & North Western "KD" line or Farm Subdivision, which was largely abandoned in 1939.

Click for Google Map of Kenosha

TOWER A-68 (Franksville)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1906
Closed 1937, replaced with CTC installation at Sturtevant station

Click for Google Map of Racine

LAKE (Milwaukee)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1905

Click for Google Map of Milwaukee

KINNICKINNIC DRAWBRIDGE (Milwaukee)
Interlocking installed 1916

Bridge over Kinnickinnic River, and junction between passenger and freight lines through Milwaukee.

WASHINGTON STREET (Milwaukee)
Tower listed with Chicago & North Western

MENOMONEE DRAW (Milwaukee)
Interlocking installed 1918

Bridge over Menomonee River.


EARLY CTC INSTALLATIONS

Sturtevant-Lake
Installed 1937, control machine at Sturtevant station

Sturtevant was junction with Racine & Southwestern line.

Rondout-Sturtevant/Lake-Milwaukee
Installed 1964, control machine in dispatcher's office in Milwaukee