ILLINOIS'S INTERLOCKINGS

CHICAGO & EASTERN ILLINOIS

Danville Subdivision

Now owned by Union Pacific.

Mostly a double track line with single direction ABS, with segments receiving CTC in later years. As many towers were closed, control was assumed by CTC dispatcher.


HJ TOWER (Chicago Heights)
Interlocking installed 1906
Closed by 1940's

Likely south end of Heights Yard.

STEGER
Existed around 1950's

Little is known about this interlocking.

NE TOWER
Interlocking installed 1906
Closed by 1950's

Likely north end of an old industrial park.

GR TOWER (Grant Park)
Interlocking installed 1906
Closed by 1940's

Controlled crossovers and siding switches.

MG TOWER (Momence)
Tower listed with New York Central

MOMENCE JCT.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1906
Closed by 1940's

Former junction with Chicago Attica & Southern Railroad, abandoned 1946.

SOUTH MOMENCE
Interlocking installed 1906
Closed by 1940's

Controlled crossovers and siding switches.

ST. ANNE
Mechanical interlocking installed 1892
Replaced with automatic interlocking mid 1960's

Crossing with New York Central Indiana Division, now Kankakee Beaverville & Southern.

PITTWOOD
Interlocking installed 1905
Closed by 1940's

Controlled crossovers and siding switches.

WATSEKA
Mechanical interlocking installed 1893
Closed 1982

Crossing with Toledo Peoria & Western line.

COALER
Mechanical interlocking installed 1926
Closed 1932

Little is known about this interlocking.

WOODLAND JCT.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1904
Closed 1962, replaced with CTC installation in Danville

Junction of Chicago & Eastern Illinois lines to Danville and to St. Louis.


EARLY CTC INSTALLATIONS

Clinton-Danville-Woodland Jct.
Installed 1960, control machine in dispatcher's office in Danville
Control machine expanded 1962