ILLINOIS'S INTERLOCKINGS

BURLINGTON ROUTE

Galesburg & Ottumwa Subdivision

Now owned by BNSF.

Mostly a double track line with single direction ABS, apparently receiving CTC only in recent years.


Click for Google Map of Galesburg

SEMINARY STREET (Galesburg)
Tower listed with main line

GRAHAM (Galesburg)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1913
Closed 1931, replaced with CTC installation at Waterman tower

Connection with Graham Cut-Off connecting with Galesburg yard at Waterman, along Galesburg & Quincy Subdivision.

COSTELLO TOWER (Monmouth)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1898
Closed 1955, remotely controlled from station

Former crossing with Minneapolis & St. Louis line, abandoned 1971.

BURLINGTON BRIDGE
Mechanical interlocking installed 1897
Electric interlocking installed 1916
LIKELY STILL IN USE

Bridge over Mississippi River.


EARLY CTC INSTALLATIONS

Galesburg-Graham
Installed 1931, control machine at Waterman tower

Controlled trackage in vicinity of Galesburg yard.