ILLINOIS'S INTERLOCKINGS

ILLINOIS CENTRAL

Freeport District

Now owned by CN.


Click for Google Map of Du Page County

ELMHURST
Mechanical interlocking installed 1893
Replaced with automatic interlocking around 1962

Former crossing with Chicago Great Western and paralleling Chicago Aurora & Elgin Railroad.

COLVIN PARK
Mechanical interlocking installed 1900
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1932

Former crossing with Chicago & North Western Troy Grove Subdivision, abandoned 1942.

ROCKFORD
Mechanical interlocking installed 1889
Closed 1950, remotely controlled from station

Crossing with Burlington Rockford & Flag Center Subdivision.

Click for Google Map of Rockford

EAST JCT. (Freeport)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1917
Closed 1962, remotely controlled from yard office

Former junction with Amboy District, abandoned 1984.

Click for Google Map of Freeport