ILLINOIS'S INTERLOCKINGS

GULF MOBILE & OHIO

Murphysboro District

Much of route abandoned, remainder now owned by CN.


TOLSON
Automatic interlocking installed 1930

Former crossing with Alton & Southern.

VULCAN
Tower listed with Missouri Pacific

BIXBY (Milstadt Jct.)
Tower listed with Missouri Pacific

ABOVE ABANDONED 1990's

SPARTA
Automatic interlocking installed by 1960's

Crossing with Missouri Pacific Sparta Subdivision.

BELOW ABANDONED 1990's

PERCY
Automatic interlocking installed 1935

Crossing with Missouri Pacific Pinckneyville Subdivision.

ABOVE ABANDONED 1990's
BELOW ABANDONED 1980

MURPHYSBORO
Automatic interlocking installed 1930

Former crossing with Illinois Central Murphysboro District, abandoned by 1980's.

ABOVE ABANDONED 1980
BELOW ABANDONED 1980's

TAMMS
Tower listed with Chicago & Eastern Illinois

BEECH RIDGE (Cache)
Tower listed with Illinois Central

DAVIS (Cairo)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1900
Tower destroyed by flood 1913
Electric interlocking installed 1915

Junction with connection to North Cairo, and trackage rights via Illinois Central across Ohio River bridge.


EARLY CTC INSTALLATIONS

Murphysboro-Tamms-Cairo
Installed 1947, control machine in dispatcher's office in Murphysboro
Completed 1948