WISCONSIN'S INTERLOCKINGS

CHICAGO & NORTH WESTERN

Waukesha Subdivision (Madison Division/Subdivision 4)

Segments now owned by UP and Wisconsin & Southern, some segments abandoned.


Click for Google Map of Milwaukee

KK DRAWBRIDGE
Electric interlocking installed 1910

Madison Division bridge over Kinnickinnic River, south of downtown Milwaukee passenger station.

CHASE
Electric interlocking installed 1909
Closed early 1960's

Former junction of Madison Division line from downtown Milwaukee passenger station, with the "cutoff" line from St. Francis which was constructed to form part of the freight belt.

BELTON JCT.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1911
Closed early 1960's

Junction of Madison Division line, with freight belt line north to Butler Yard.

BELOW ABANDONED 1980's

C&NW JCT. (Waukesha)
Tower listed with Soo Line

WAUKESHA
Tower listed with Milwaukee Road

JEFFERSON JCT.
Non interlocked crossing

Former crossing with Chicago & North Western Clyman Subdivision.

ABOVE ABANDONED 1980's

CMSP&P CROSSING (Madison)
Automatic interlocking installed 1929

Former crossing with Milwaukee Road line from Watertown. Now with both former lines part of Wisconsin & Southern within Madison, just this line remains west of what now is a junction.

Click for Google Map of Madison

BALDWIN STREET (Madison)
Non interlocked crossing

Former crossing with Milwaukee Road M&P Subdivision. Now with both former lines part of Wisconsin & Southern within Madison, just the former Chicago & North Western trackage remains east of what now is a junction, and the former Milwaukee Road trackage remains west of this location.