Segments now owned by Wisconsin & Southern, some segments abandoned.
Was a double track line with single direction ABS between Evansville Jct. and Elroy, single tracked between 1953 and 1956.
Former junction with Chicago & North Western Footville Subdivision, abandoned by 1980's. Footville Subdivision was original route, bypassing Janesville.
MONONA TOWER/TOWER MX (Madison)
Tower listed with Milwaukee Road
Click for Google Map of Madison
FRANKLIN STREET (Madison)
Non interlocked crossing
Former crossing with Milwaukee Road M&P Subdivision. Now with both former lines part of Wisconsin & Southern within Madison, just the former Milwaukee Road line remains in this area.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1896
Replaced with trainman operated interlocking by 1950's
Former crossing of wye connection with Waukesha Subdivision, with Milwaukee Road M&P Subdivision, abandoned.
Replaced with automatic interlocking by 1950's
Bridge over Wisconsin River.
BELOW ABANDONED 1980's
Interlocking installed around 1900
Closed around mid 1950's/non interlocked
Former junction and connection with Chicago & North Western CSPM&O main line.