CHICAGO'S INTERLOCKINGS

CHICAGO & NORTH WESTERN

Chicago Terminal (old)

Now owned by Union Pacific.

Multiple track line. Routes serving former passenger terminal at Wells Street, replaced by present terminal in 1911. Some of the older trackage continued to serve industries, including the route crossing the Kinzie Bridge which extended east to Navy Pier. All of these interlockings and towers have been deactivated.


Click for Google Map of Chicago/Central

WELLS STREET
Electric pneumatic interlocking installed

Interlocking controlled Wells Street Station, and Kinzie Street drawbridge over Chicago River. Bridge replaced and interlocking rebuilt in 1907. Bridge remains, out of service and in a raised position.

ADA STREET
Electric interlocking installed 1905

Interlocking connected with Galena Division, now the Geneva Subdivision.

GRAND AVENUE
Electric pneumatic interlocking installed 1899
Interlocking replaced with switchtender 1912

As an interlocking was known as Ohio Street Jct., and connected with Milwaukee Division, now the Kenosha Subdivision, and Wisconsin Division, now the Harvard Subdivision.

GREEN STREET
Electric interlocking installed 1905

Interlocking connected with Milwaukee Division and Wisconsin Division.

SANGAMON AVENUE
Electric pneumatic interlocking installed 1900
Closed 1960's

Interlocking connected with Milwaukee Division and Wisconsin Division.