CHICAGO'S INTERLOCKINGS

MILWAUKEE ROAD

Milwaukee Division/Second Subdivision

Now owned by Metra/operated by CP and owned by Wisconsin & Southern.


Click for Google Map of Lake County/South

RONDOUT
Tower listed with main line

GRAYSLAKE
Mechanical interlocking installed 1899
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1929

Crossing with CN former Soo Line/Wisconsin Central line, now controlled by CN CTC dispatcher. Metra North Central trains use the CN line, and a connecting track was added to allow certain trains to switch between the two lines.

Click for Google Map of Lake County/North

FOX LAKE DRAW
Mechanical interlocking installed 1901
Closed around 1940's

Bridge over Nippersink/Pistakee Lake Channel was formerly a drawbridge.

Click for Google Map of McHenry County/Northeast

HEBRON
Mechanical interlocking installed 1901
Closed 1939/non interlocked

Former crossing with Chicago & North Western "KD" line or Farm Subdivision, mostly abandoned 1939.

BARDWELL
Mechanical interlocking installed 1901
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1949

Former crossing with Racine & Southwestern line, now a junction for Wisconsin & Southern.

ROCK RIVER (Janesville)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1902
Replaced with automatic interlocking by 1960's

Former crossing with Chicago & North Western Janesville belt line.

Click for Google Map of Janesville