ILLINOIS'S INTERLOCKINGS

MILWAUKEE ROAD

Dubuque & Illinois Division/Second Subdivision

Now owned by Canadian Pacific.

Was a double track line with single direction ABS, single tracked in 1980's.


EAST KINGSTON
Mechanical interlocking installed 1892

Former crossing with Chicago & North Western Troy Grove Subdivision, abandoned 1942.

KIRKLAND
Mechanical interlocking installed 1905

Former crossing with Milwaukee Road Illinois Iowa & Minnesota line, abandoned to north in 1922. Kirkland became a junction with line remaining to south.

DAVIS JCT.
Interlocking installed 1955
Closed 1972

Crossing and junction with Burlington Rockford & Flag Center Subdivision, over which Milwaukee Road had trackage rights.

BYRON
Mechanical interlocking installed 1900
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1950

Former crossing with Chicago Great Western, abandoned 1970's.

KITTREDGE
Mechanical interlocking installed 1905
Closed 1944, remotely controlled from Lanark station

Former junction with Racine & Southwestern line. By 1970's controlled remotely from Savanna.

LANARK
Mechanical interlocking installed 1906
Closed 1920

Crossovers.

ASHDALE
Mechanical interlocking installed 1903
Closed by 1940's, remotely controlled from Lanark station

Former junction with Ashdale line, abandoned 1952. The Ashdale line had connected with the Savanna-Moline line at Ebner, serving as a low grade freight line bypassing Savanna.

SAVANNA
Tower listed with Burlington Route

SABULA
Mechanical interlocking installed 1899
Electric interlocking installed 1906
LIKELY STILL IN USE

Bridge over Mississippi River. Original bridge had a gauntlet track, 1906 bridge was single track with switches.