INDIANA'S INTERLOCKINGS

CHICAGO INDIANAPOLIS & LOUISVILLE/MONON

Indianapolis Branch

Much of route abandoned, remainder now owned by CSX.


MONTICELLO
Automatic interlocking installed 1953

Former crossing with Pennsylvania Railroad Effner Branch.

ABOVE ABANDONED 1993
BELOW ABANDONED 1992

DELPHI
Tower listed with Wabash

ABOVE ABANDONED 1992
BELOW ABANDONED 1984

FRANKFORT
Mechanical interlocking installed 1906

Interlocking actually operated by Terre Haute Indianapolis & Eastern Traction Co. Former crossing with electric Terre Haute Indianapolis & Eastern Traction Co., abandoned 1930.

Click for Google Map of Frankfort

FRANKFORT
Non interlocked crossing

Former crossing with Nickel Plate Sandusky Division and Nickel Plate Cloverleaf District.

FRANKFORT
Non interlocked crossing

Former crossing with Pennsylvania Railroad Indianapolis Division.

WESTFIELD
Mechanical interlocking installed 1905

Former crossing with Central Indiana Railway, abandoned 1976.

CARMEL
Mechanical interlocking installed 1904
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1936

Interlocking actually operated by Union Traction Co. Former crossing with electric Union Traction Co., abandoned 1938.