ILLINOIS'S INTERLOCKINGS

BURLINGTON ROUTE

Centralia & Paducah Subdivision

Now owned by BNSF.


CENTRALIA
Tower listed with Illinois Central

WOODLAWN
Mechanical interlocking installed 1907
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1956

Crossing with Evansville Western Railway (former Louisville & Nashville).

WALTONVILLE
Automatic interlocking installed 1948

Crossing with Missouri Pacific Pinckneyville Subdivision.

WALTONVILLE
Automatic interlocking installed around 1967

Crossing with CN former Illinois Central Rend Lake Mine Lead.

CHRISTOPHER
Mechanical interlocking installed 1907
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1956

Crossing with CN former Illinois Central Eldorado Subdivision.

ZEIGLER JCT.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1913
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1932

Crossing with Missouri Pacific Mt. Vernon Subdivision.

HUDGENS (Neilson)
Tower listed with Chicago & Eastern Illinois

WEST VIENNA
Tower listed with Chicago & Eastern Illinois

FORMAN (Ridenhower)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1911
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1932

Former crossing with New York Central Cairo Branch, abandoned 1982.