INDIANA'S INTERLOCKINGS

BALTIMORE & OHIO

Indiana Subdivision

Now owned by CSX.


DEARBORN (Lawrenceburg)
Tower listed with New York Central

LAWRENCEBURG
Mechanical interlocking installed before 1906
Replaced with trainman operated interlocking by 1960's

Former crossing with New York Central Aurora Branch, abandoned 1979.

COCHRAN
Electric interlocking installed before 1906
Closed by 1980's

Interlocking at east end of a double track segment, replaced with spring switch.

MILAN
Mechanical interlocking installed before 1906

Interlocking at west end of a double track segment.

NORTH VERNON
Non interlocked crossing

Crossing with Pennsylvania Railroad Madison Branch, former crossing with New York Central Michigan Branch, abandoned early 1970's, former junction with Baltimore & Ohio Louisville Subdivision, abandoned 2001.

SEYMOUR
Electric interlocking installed 1949

Crossing with Louisville & Indiana Railroad (former Pennsylvania Railroad).

MITCHELL
Electric interlocking installed 1947
Closed mid 1980's, remotely controlled

Former crossing with Monon main line, abandoned 1995.

CHAPPEL (Washington)
Automatic interlocking installed 1929

Crossing with Indiana Southern Railroad (former New York Central).

VINCENNES (B&O Crossing)
Tower listed with Chicago & Eastern Illinois

Click for Google Map of Vincennes

VINCENNES
Mechanical interlocking installed 1911
Replaced with automatic interlocking by 1980's

Bridge over Wabash River.


EARLY CTC INSTALLATIONS

Mitchell-Washington
Installed 1957, control machine in dispatcher's office in Washington