ILLINOIS'S INTERLOCKINGS

BALTIMORE & OHIO

Illinois Subdivision

Now owned by CSX.


LAWRENCEVILLE JCT.
Electric interlocking installed 1901

Former crossing with New York Central Cairo Branch, abandoned 1982.

OLNEY
Tower listed with Illinois Central

SALEM
Tower listed with Chicago & Eastern Illinois

ODIN
Tower listed with Illinois Central

SANDOVAL
Electric interlocking installed 1902
Replaced with automatic interlocking by 1960's

Former crossing with Illinois Central Clinton District, abandoned 1980's.

SHATTUC
Mechanical interlocking installed 1901
Replaced with automatic interlocking mid 1980's

Crossing with Burlington Beardstown Subdivision.

O'FALLON
Mechanical interlocking installed 1902

Former crossing with Louisville & Nashville O'Fallon Branch, abandoned 1941.

CASEYVILLE
Mechanical interlocking installed 1910

Former crossing with electric East St. Louis & Suburban Railway, abandoned 1928.

HN CABIN
Mechanical interlocking installed 1917
Closed 2014

Crossing of the CSX former Baltimore & Ohio St. Louis Division and the paralleling CSX former Pennsylvania Railroad St. Louis Division, with Alton & Southern.

WILLOWS
Tower listed with Pennsylvania Railroad

K TOWER
Non interlocked crossing

Former junction with Freight House Line, and former crossing of Freight House Line with Pennsylvania Railroad St. Louis Division.

Q TOWER (East St. Louis)
Tower listed with Terminal Railroad Association