The Archer car house was constructed in 1908. Archer was first used by buses in 1934, and was extensively modernized beginning in 1986. The original wall at the side of the building is visible to the right, while the front of the building was modernized with doorways designed for buses. At the corner of the building is the garage office and drivers' lounge, that part of the building was modernized after 1986. Archer Garage was closed in 2010.
The Burnside car house also remains for a small industry, and the streetcar tracks remain visible leading into the car house. Burnside opened in 1893, and closed for streetcars in 1949.
This car house was built for the South Chicago City Railway in 1893, at the 9300 block of South Ewing Ave., on Chicago's southeast side. Building ceased to be a car house by 1911, and was demolished in 2010.