Intercity trains operated until the formation of Amtrak in 1971, with Chicago Lawn, Valparaiso, and South Bend the only surviving stations when passenger service was discontinued.
Milepost locations are indicated, distance from Chicago.
Exact locations are not available for all stations.
Valparaiso (57.3) - station was located east of Calumet Ave., on the south side of the tracks. The station building still stands, and in 2014 was moved a short distance west and across the track.
South Bend (99.5) - prior to the 1929 track elevation project, the railroad followed a route along Division Ave., now Western Ave. Station was located east of Michigan Ave., on the south side of the tracks. The 1929 track elevation project shifted the route to the New York Central line, sharing Union Station.
Mishawaka (103.9) - station was located east of Main St., on the south side of the tracks.
South Lake County
St. Joseph County