This was a predecessor of the Baltimore & Ohio Chicago Terminal Railroad, now the CSX Altenheim Subdivision. Commuter service existed to and from Grand Central Station until 1897. As of 1901, one daily commuter train existed operated by Chicago Great Western to and from De Kalb. Also in 1901, a commuter service existed between Grand Central Station and Chicago Heights, operated by the Chicago Terminal Transfer Railroad, and was discontinued in 1915. The Chicago Terminal Transfer Railroad acquired the Chicago & Northern Pacific Railroad in 1897, before being acquired by the Baltimore & Ohio in 1910. A few stations within Chicago were shared by both commuter routes.
Exact locations are not available for all stations.
Ogden Avenue - station was located south of Ogden Ave. on the north side of the tracks, west of Western Ave.
Douglas Park - station was located between California Ave. and Francisco Ave. on the north side of the tracks, and south of Taylor St.
Homan Avenue - station was located west of Homan Ave. on the south side of the tracks.
Douglas Park Blvd. - street later renamed Independence Blvd.
Crawford - street later renamed Pulaski Rd. But station was actually located east of 42nd Ave. (now Keeler Ave.), on the north side of the tracks.
48th Avenue - station was located east of 48th Ave. (now Cicero Ave.) on the north side of the tracks, and south of Colorado Ave. (now 5th Ave.).
Central Avenue - station was located west of Central Ave., on the south side of the tracks.
South Ridgeland - station was located west of Ridgeland Ave., on the south side of the tracks.
South Oak Park - station was located east of Oak Park Ave., on the south side of the tracks.
Oak Park Area