After the 1950's, South Suburban Safeway Lines was the only surviving bus line in the area. Shown are the following routes as they existed at the time.
B, via Halsted, now Pace #352
C, via Chicago Rd./South Park, now Pace #353
D, via 144th St., later RTA/Pace #354
E, via Wentworth, now Pace #355
Routes shown are as of 1938.
Routes generally were listed as originating at Sibley and State Line, based on the Illinois Commerce Commission "Certificates of Convenience and Necessity". Although some routes may have continued further east into Indiana, subject to regulatory authority of the Indiana Public Utilities Commission.
Calumet City to Harvey via Sibley, introduced in 1925
South Calumet City Loop, introduced in 1930
Calumet City to Hegewisch/Ford Plant, introduced in 1930
Calumet City to Harvey via 159th St., introduced in 1938
Dolton Loop, introduced in 1938
Schappi Bus Line apparently ceased operations during 1950's. Some routes may have been acquired by Gold Star Line, which had operated route from Joliet and Chicago Heights to Hammond. Gold Star Line apparently ceased operations around 1963.
Routes shown are as of 1938, except for route #1 which was discontinued prior to then.
Chicago & Calumet District Transit was primarily an Indiana operation, having succeeded Shore Line Motor Coach Co. in 1941. Unnumbered routes were introduced in 1925, routes #1-#2-#3-#4 were introduced in 1930. Routes generally were listed as originating at Sibley and State Line, based on the Illinois Commerce Commission "Certificates of Convenience and Necessity". Although routes likely continued further east into Indiana, subject to regulatory authority of the Indiana Public Utilities Commission.
Burnham to Ridge and Wentworth, limited service
Ridge from Torrence into Indiana, acquired in 1931
#1 - via State Line-Pulaski-Burnham to Ridge
#2 - 2 way loop via State Line-Pulaski-Wentworth-157th-Burnham-Pulaski-State Line
#3 - via Sibley-Wentworth to 157th, return via Wentworth-State
#4 - via State Line to Michigan City Rd.
Prior to 1931, service via Ridge was operated by Farina's Bus Line & Transportation Co., and by Midwest Motor Coach. Service had continued further west, with those segments sold in 1931 to Gold Star Line.