UNION BUS TERMINAL (Greyhound), Liberty St. and Redwood St., existed in 1930's
GREYHOUND BUS DEPOT, 217 W. Baltimore St., built by 1942
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, Howard St. and Centre St. (NE corner), built 1942, STILL STANDS

TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 100 S. Howard St., built by 1941
TRAILWAYS BUS DEPOT, 217 W. Baltimore St., acquired 1943
TRAILWAYS STATION, 210 W. Fayette St., built early 1960's

GREYHOUND STATION, 2110 Haines St., built 2004/rebuilt 2017

Earlier, the station at 217 W. Baltimore St. had been used by Greyhound. Presumably, when the newer Greyhound Terminal opened in 1942, Trailways moved to this station. Eventually, Trailways opened a station at 210 W. Fayette St., which later became the Greyhound station.


GREYHOUND MOTOR COACH TERMINAL, 3 Providence St., existed in 1930's
GREYHOUND BUS TERMINAL, 222 Boyleston St., existed in 1930's
GREYHOUND BUS TERMINAL, 60 Park Sq., built by 1942
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 10 St. James Ave., built 1950

TRAILWAYS BUS TERMINAL, 2 Park Sq., existed in 1930's
UNION BUS TERMINAL (Trailways), 10 Park Sq., built by 1942
TRAILWAYS BUS TERMINAL, 700 Atlantic Ave., built around 1980


In 1992, Greyhound moved to a temporary location in the vicinity of South Station. In 1995, the present bus station opened, above the railroad tracks of South Station.


NEW ENGLAND BUS TERMINAL, 256 Asylum St., built by 1942
GREYHOUND BUS TERMINAL, 164 Ann St., built 1947
GREYHOUND BUS TERMINAL, 201 Allyn St., built 1948
GREYHOUND BUS TERMINAL, 409 Church St., built around 1970

NEW ENGLAND BUS TERMINAL (Trailways), 4 Union Pl., built 1943
NEW ENGLAND BUS TERMINAL (Trailways), 77 Union Pl., built 1946's

UNION STATION, 1 Union Pl., established around 1988

The original New England Bus Terminal was used by both Greyhound and Trailways, before they began using separate stations.

Around 1988, Greyhound moved to the present location at the Amtrak train station.


CAPITOL GREYHOUND BUS TERMINAL, 245 W. 50th St., built by 1930's

DIXIE BUS DEPOT (Trailways), 241 W. 42nd St., built 1930
ALL AMERICAN BUS DEPOT, 246 W. 42nd St., existed in 1940's
SAFEWAY TRAILWAYS BUS TERMINAL, 212 W. 50th St., existed in 1940's
UNITED BUS DEPOT (Trailways), 208 W. 43rd St., existed in 1940's

MIDTOWN BUS TERMINAL, 143 W. 43rd St., built by 1930's
CONSOLIDATED BUS TERMINAL, 203 W. 41st St., existed in 1940's
HERALD SQUARE BUS TERMINAL, 59 W. 36th St., existed in 1940's

PORT AUTHORITY BUS TERMINAL, 625 8th Ave., built 1950

Although the Port Authority Bus Terminal opened in 1950, Greyhound did not begin using the terminal until 1963. Prior to then, Greyhound buses were serving both of its namesake terminals. Buses to and from points north and northeast terminated at the Pennsylvania Greyhound Bus Terminal, while buses to and from points west and southwest terminated at the Capitol Greyhound Bus Terminal. During the 1930's, Greyhound buses also stopped at the Midtown Bus Terminal.

Trailways buses used the Dixie Bus Depot, located in the Dixie Hotel, now the Hotel Carter. The bus terminal actually had a turntable for turning buses around. Trailways discontinued used of the Dixie Bus Depot in 1957, moving to the Port Authority Bus Terminal.

The Port Authority Bus Terminal eventually replaced all other bus terminals which had existed in midtown Manhattan.



PUBLIC SERVICE TERMINAL, 80 Park Pl., built 1916
TRAILWAYS DEPOT, 1169 Raymond Blvd., built around 1978

The Public Service Terminal was originally built for the Public Service Co. streetcars, and was first adapted to accommodate buses in 1929. Greyhound used the Public Service Terminal until 1935, while Trailways remained until the 1970's.

In 1935, Greyhound moved to the newly opened Pennsylvania Railroad Station, which was one of the earliest intermodal stations ever constructed. Pennsylvania Greyhound Lines was affiliated with the Pennsylvania Railroad. The railroad tracks are elevated, while buses use street level tunnels underneath the tracks.


BROAD STREET STATION, Broad St. and Market St., built 1881
30TH STREET STATION, 2955 Market St., built 1933, STILL STANDS
GREYHOUND BUS TERMINAL, 1711 W. Market St., built 1957

UNION BUS TERMINAL, 13th St. and Filbert St. (SE corner), built by 1942
QUAKER CITY BUS TERMINAL, 1311 Arch St., built by 1942

GREYHOUND STATION, 1001 Filbert St., built 1987

Pennsylvania Greyhound Lines was the main Greyhound company serving Philadelphia, and was affiliated with the Pennsylvania Railroad. The Pennsylvania Greyhound Terminal was thus at the main Pennsylvania Railroad station, for many years Broad Street Station. After its opening in 1933, 30th Street Station evolved to be the main Pennsylvania Railroad station. Broad Street Station closed in 1952, and Greyhound moved to 30th Street Station.

Trailways previously used the Union Bus Terminal. In 1958, Safeway Trailways acquired the Quaker City Bus Co., and consolidated all operations into the Quaker City Bus Terminal.


GREYHOUND DEPOT, 50 Broadway, existed in 1930's
GREYHOUND BUS TERMINAL, 144 Bridge St., built by 1942
GREYHOUND BUS TERMINAL, 50 Worthington St., built 1954
SPRINGFIELD BUS TERMINAL, 1776 Main St., built around 1970
SPRINGFIELD UNION STATION, 66 Lyman St., established 2017

INTERSTATE BUS TERMINAL (Trailways), 137 Bridge St., built 1948

Prior to the opening of the Interstate Bus Terminal, Trailways used the Greyhound depot. The Springfield Bus Terminal was used by both carriers after its opening.

In 2017, the independent Peter Pan Bus Lines moved to the present location at Union Station.


GREYHOUND DEPOT, 1403-1411 New York Ave. NW, existed in 1930's
GREYHOUND TERMINAL, 1110 New York Ave. NW, built 1940, STILL STANDS

TRAILWAYS TERMINAL, 1201 New York Ave. NW, built by 1942
TRAILWAYS STATION, 1005 1st St. NE, built around 1984

UNION STATION, 50 Massachusetts Ave. NE, established 2012

After Greyhound's acquisition of Continental Trailways in 1987, operations were consolidated into the Trailways station.

In 2012, Greyhound moved to the present location at Union Station.