Around the 1930's or 1940's, Greyhound and United Motor Coach stopped in Evanston, with the address listed at 305 Howard St. Beginning in 1931, this space was leased from the Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee Railroad. That address would have been this storefront space underneath the Howard St. elevated terminal, to the left. View is looking east. Howard St. is actually the border between Chicago and Evanston, these cities have different address numbering systems. And both sides of the street actually have odd numbers!
Pictured here are the Evanston addresses from 327 Howard St. to 337 Howard St., odd numbers, right to left. This building is a short distance west of the elevated terminal. The Subway shop is pictured at 327 Howard St., the Subway subsequently moved across the street. By the 1940's, lasting until 1969, the Greyhound station in Evanston was listed at 329 Howard St., now a hair salon. During the 1950's, the Greyhound station was briefly listed at 337 Howard St., now the "Mountain of Mercy Ministries". The yellow car is an Evanston taxicab, at a taxi stand legally in Evanston, but proximate to the elevated terminal.
During the 1930's, Greyhound buses made a stop at the Oak Leaves Building in Oak Park at 1140 Lake St.. This was just east of the Marshall Field's store in Oak Park, which was at the northeast corner of Lake St. and Harlem Ave.
From 1947 to 1949, this building at 266 Lake St. served as the "Union Bus Depot", for both Greyhound and Trailways buses serving Oak Park. Building is at the northeast corner of Lake St. and Cuyler Ave. In 1949, a Union Bus Depot opened at 302 Lake St., which is a gas station at the northwest corner of this intersection.
From 1951 to 1955, certain Illinois Greyhound Lines buses stopped in Oak Park at 1116 Madison St.
During the 1940's until 1955, Burlington Trailways buses stopped at the Von Drasek Drug Store in Berwyn, at 6401 W. Ogden Ave. (US Hwy. 66).
From 1945 until 1984, Santa Fe Trailways buses stopped at the Berwyne Food Shop in Berwyn, at 6727 W. Ogden Ave. (US Hwy. 66).