Colonial Motor Coach Corp.
Incorporated 1925, in 1930 renamed Eastern Greyhound Lines of New York. In 1935 acquired Rochester Niagara Falls & Buffalo Coach Lines, in 1936 acquired Blue Bus Lines.
Operated throughout New York.
Buffalo Interurban Bus Lines
Incorporated in 1924, in 1931 renamed Pennsylvania Greyhound Lines of New York. Was a subsidiary of Pennsylvania Greyhound Lines until 1935, when transferred to Eastern Greyhound Lines of New York.
Operated from Buffalo to East Aurora and Olean.
Cleveland-Ashtabula-Conneaut Bus Co.
Incorporated in 1924, renamed 1928 to Great Lakes Stages, acquired by Eastern Greyhound Lines of New York in 1933.
Operated from Cleveland to Ashtabula and Conneaut.
The above companies were merged in 1936 into Central Greyhound Lines, as well as the below companies operating in Michigan which by then had been merged into Safety Motor Coach Lines, subsequently Eastern Greyhound Lines of Michigan.
Safety Motor Coach Lines
Incorporated in 1924.
Operated from Chicago to Ludington MI primarily via US Hwy. 31 within Michigan.
Incorporated in 1925.
Operated "Oriole" bus line from Chicago to Detroit.
Shore Line Motor Coach Co.
Formed in 1926 as a bus subsidiary of Gary Railways. In 1927, bus routes east of Gary sold to Southwestern Michigan Motor Coach Co.
Operated luxury "Golden Arrow" bus service from South Bend and Detroit, connecting with the Chicago South Shore & South Bend Railroad trains. Also acquired B. P. Shearon's bus line, operating between Michigan City and Benton Harbor, enabling formation of route from Chicago to Grand Rapids.
Carey & Leach Bus Lines
In 1927 sold to Shore Line Motor Coach Co. (above)
Operated from Chicago to Detroit via Kalamazoo.
In 1926, Safety Motor Coach Lines and Interstate Stages became subsidiaries of Greyhound predecessor Motor Transit Corp. And in 1928, Southwestern Michigan Motor Coach Co. (formerly Shore Line Motor Coach Co.) also became a subsidiary. In 1929, all three subsidiaries were merged into Safety Motor Coach Lines. And in 1930, Safety Motor Coach Lines was renamed Eastern Greyhound Lines of Michigan.
The above companies were merged in 1936 into Central Greyhound Lines.
Central Greyhound Lines subsequently acquired the following companies:
Acquired in 1938, one route only, remainder to Pennsylvania Greyhound Lines.
Operated from Toledo to Cleveland.
Champlain Coach Lines
Began operations in 1929, acquired in 1943.
Operated from New York to Montreal.
Enders Bus Line
Began operations around 1930, acquired in 1946.
Operated from Benton Harbor to South Bend.
From 1936 to 1947, New York Central Railroad had partial ownership.
Central Greyhound Lines consolidated in 1955 into Eastern Division of Greyhound.