HERITAGE CORRIDOR TRANSIT FACILITIES
CAR HOUSES/BUS GARAGES
Present and past.
Bluebird Coach Lines was based at 4752 S. Joliet Ave. in Lyons. Successor West Suburban Transit Lines was formed in 1965, using a garage at 600 E. St. Charles Rd. in Lombard. This garage had previously been used by Leyden Motor Coach Co. beginning in the late 1950's. Until 1963 when Leyden Motor Coach Co. was merged into West Towns Bus Co. And after 1973, that garage in Lombard was used by Commuter Bus Systems, which operated rush hour feeder service to and from commuter rail stations, under contract with various villages and Pace.
Links to garage locations, using Google Maps. Satellite views are also available.