As of 1952, Michigan City Transit Lines was providing local bus service, with a garage at 4th St. and Huron St. Michigan City Transit presently uses the municipal garage at 1801 Kentucky St.
La Porte had a car house on Pine Lake Ave., north of town., originally constructed in 1903 by the Chicago & South Shore Railway. But in 1907, the La Porte operations were consolidated into the Superior St. car house in Michigan City.
From 1918 to around 1934, the first bus company operating in La Porte was the Jahns Bus Co. A bus station was known to exist on Lincoln Way, but the garage location is unknown. From 1938 to 1956, Maple City Lines operated local buses in La Porte, as of 1952 they were based at Philadelphia St. and Ridgeway St. Presently, the city operated TransPorte is based at 102 L St.