MILWAUKEE - BUSES AND STREETCARS
Buses acquired by Milwaukee County Transit System since 1975.
Streetcars acquired by The Milwaukee Electric Railway & Light Co. for Milwaukee city service. Milwaukee's last streetcars operated in 1958.
Streetcars acquired by predecessor companies operating in Milwaukee.
Interurban cars operating in Milwaukee area.
Between 1936 until 1955, most of Milwaukee's streetcar routes were replaced with trolleybuses. All trolleybuses were replaced with diesel buses by 1965.
Buses acquired by The Milwaukee Electric Railway & Light Co. Milwaukee's first bus route was introduced on Mitchell Street in 1920.
Buses acquired by The Milwaukee Electric Railway & Transport Co.
The Milwaukee & Suburban Transport Corporation bought exclusively 40 foot General Motors buses, "Old Look" and "New Look", to replace all remaining streetcars, and eventually replaced the trolleybuses.