ILLINOIS'S INTERLOCKINGS

PEORIA & PEKIN UNION

Now owned by Tazewell & Peoria Railroad.


BRIDGE JCT.
Electric interlocking installed 1896

Junction of Eastern Division and Western Division, crossing of Eastern Division with Rock Island line, bridge of Eastern Division over Illinois River.

WESLEY JCT.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1896
After late 1910's temporarily replaced with switchtenders
CTC interlocking installed 1931, controlled from Bridge Jct. tower

Junction of Eastern Division with East Peoria Yard line connecting with Nickel Plate LE&W line.

GROVE
Mechanical interlocking installed 1895
Closed 1931, replaced with CTC installation at Bridge Jct. tower

Former junction of Eastern Division with Chicago & Alton P&N Branch, abandoned 1979.

PEKIN
Mechanical interlocking installed 1902
Electric interlocking installed 1942
Closed around 1986

Former junction of Eastern Division with New York Central Peoria & Eastern line, abandoned 1984, and Santa Fe Pekin District, abandoned 1983.

C&IM IC JCT.
Remote interlocking installed 1942, controlled from Pekin

Junction of Eastern Division with Chicago & Illinois Midland and Illinois Central Peoria Subdivision.


PEORIA JCT.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1902

Junction of Western Division with Chicago & North Western Peoria Subdivision.

IOWA JCT.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1900

Junction of Western Division with BNSF Peoria Subdivision and Toledo Peoria & Western line.

HOLLIS
Mechanical interlocking installed 1900

Former crossing of Western Division with Chicago & North Western Peoria Subdivision line and Toledo Peoria & Western line.


EARLY CTC INSTALLATIONS

Peoria-Pekin
Installed 1931, control machine at Bridge Jct. tower