CHICAGO'S INTERLOCKINGS

ELGIN JOLIET & EASTERN

Miscellaneous Lines

Now owned by CN.


SOUTH CHICAGO
Electric interlocking installed 1947

Bridge of Lake Front Line over Calumet River. North of bridge, line primarily served United States Steel South Works, closed in 1992. United States Steel also had owned the Elgin Joliet & Eastern Railway.

SHEARSON
Tower listed with South Shore Line

CALUMET
Tower listed with South Shore Line

SHEARSON DRAWBRIDGE
Mechanical interlocking installed around 1910

Bridge of Hammond Lead over Calumet River.