ILLINOIS'S INTERLOCKINGS

CHICAGO & ILLINOIS MIDLAND

Now owned by Illinois & Midland Railroad.


HAVANA
Automatic interlocking installed 1949

Former crossing with Illinois Central Havana District, abandoned 1980's.

BARR (Athens)
Tower listed with Chicago & North Western

RIDGELY
Tower listed with Chicago & Alton

NORTH SPRINGFIELD
Mechanical interlocking installed 1904

Little is known about this interlocking.

SHOPS (Springfield)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1895
Electric interlocking installed 1931

Crossing with Wabash Springfield District.

AVENUE (Springfield)
Tower listed with Illinois Central

PAWNEE JCT. (CIMIC)
Tower listed with Illinois Central

BELOW ABANDONED 1957

AUBURN
Tower listed with Chicago & Alton

SOUTH AUBURN
Mechanical interlocking installed 1918

Interlocking actually operated by Illinois Terminal. Former crossing with electric Illinois Terminal line.