CHICAGO'S INTERLOCKINGS

CHICAGO GREAT WESTERN

Abandoned 1972-1976.


FOREST PARK
Tower listed with Baltimore & Ohio

BELLWOOD
Mechanical interlocking installed 1898
Closed 1931

Former crossing of Chicago Great Western and paralleling Chicago Aurora & Elgin Railroad with Indiana Harbor Belt, prior to elevation of Indiana Harbor Belt in 1931.

ELMHURST
Mechanical interlocking installed 1893
Replaced with automatic interlocking around 1962

Former crossing of Chicago Great Western and paralleling Chicago Aurora & Elgin Railroad with Illinois Central.

SYCAMORE
Mechanical interlocking installed 1900

Former crossing with Chicago & North Western Troy Grove Subdivision, abandoned 1942.

WILKINSON
Mechanical interlocking installed 1905
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1935

Former crossing with Milwaukee Road Illinois Iowa & Minnesota line.

HOLCOMB
Mechanical interlocking installed 1900
Replaced with automatic interlocking 1949

Former crossing with Burlington Rockford & Flag Center Subdivision.

BYRON
Tower listed with Milwaukee Road

WINSTON
Mechanical interlocking installed 1913
Closed 1931, replaced with CTC installation in tunnel west portal fan house

Controlled east end of Winston Tunnel.

RICE
Mechanical interlocking installed 1913
Closed 1931, replaced with CTC installation in tunnel west portal fan house

Controlled west end of Winston Tunnel.

GALENA JCT.
Tower listed with Burlington Route


EARLY CTC INSTALLATIONS

Winston-Rice
Installed 1931, control machine in tunnel west portal fan house

Controlled through Winston Tunnel.