1889 - Metropolitan Street Railway Co. and Central Street Railway Co. consolidated into Toledo Consolidated Street Railway.
1890 - All horse cars converted to electric streetcars. Toledo Electric Street Railway begins operation.
1896 - Toledo Consolidated Street Railway and Toledo Electric Street Railway sold to Toledo Traction Co.
1901 - Toledo Traction Co. sold to Toledo Railways & Light Co.
1913 - Toledo Railways & Light Co. sold to Toledo Traction Light & Power Co., a subsidiary of Cities Service Co.
1921 - Toledo Traction Light & Power Co. forms subsidiary Community Traction Co. to operate streetcar system.
1922 - Ottawa Park streetcar line abandoned. Jitneys begin operating over route, eventually replaced by buses operated by Ottawa Coach Line.
1926 - Front St. route is first converted from streetcars to buses.
1928 - Community Traction Co. acquires Ottawa Coach Line, Toledo Motor Bus Co., and a bus line operated by Joseph Bierela on Elm St.
1929 - Maumee Valley Transportation Co. formed to operate buses south of Toledo to Perrysburg, replacing Toledo & Maumee Valley Railway interurban line, which had been abandoned in 1924.
1930 - Community Traction Co. acquires Maumee Valley Transportation Co.
1935 - Dorr becomes first trolleybus route in Toledo.
1938 - Broadway becomes second trolleybus route, one year after conversion from streetcars to motor buses.
1939 - Holland-Sylvania Lines introduces bus service to suburbs west and northwest of Toledo.
1949 - Long Belt streetcar route is last to be converted to buses.
1952 - Both trolleybus routes converted to motor buses.
1954 - Community Traction Co. becomes separate company from Cities Service Co.
1957 - Community Traction Co. acquires Holland-Sylvania Lines.
1971 - Community Traction Co. becomes publicly owned Toledo Area Regional Transit Authority.