MILWAUKEE INTERURBAN ROSTER



Numbers    Builder          Built  Retired  Notes

1000       St. Louis        1904            Funeral Car
1001-1025  St. Louis        1903   1936
1101-1110  St. Louis        1907   1952
1111-1125  Kuhlman          1909   1952
1126-1129  Kuhlman          1909   1948     Acquired from Wisc. Traction in 1924
1130-1132  St. Louis        1907   1948     Rebuilt from 1108,1107,1109
1133-1134  St. Louis        1907   1952     Rebuilt from parlor cars 4,3
1135-1136  Kuhlman          1909   1941     Rebuilt from parlor cars 2,1
1137-1141  St. Louis        1907   1952     Rebuilt from 1102-1106
1142-1145  St. Louis        1927   1952
1180-1195  Cincinnati       1923   1952     Acquired from Ind. & Cinc. in 1929
1196-1197  Shops            1929   1952     Articulated Pairs with Dining Section
1198-1199  Shops            1928   1952     Articulated Pairs with Dining Section
1201-1260  St. Louis        1904   1936     Trailers

   1-   8  Niles            1907   1948     Acquired 1928 with Milwaukee Northern
   9-  10  Niles            1908   1940     Acquired 1928 with Milwaukee Northern
  11-  12  Niles            1909   1948     Acquired 1928 with Milwaukee Northern
  51       Niles            1907   1948     Acquired 1928 with Milwaukee Northern
  99       St. Louis        1904            Acquired 1928 with Milwaukee Northern


Car 1000 was originally TMER&L president's private car Milwaukee, rebuilt 1912 to funeral car 1000, sold to Milwaukee Northern in 1923 and rebuilt to parlor car 99, returned to TMER&L in 1928.

Cars 1101-1110 were rebuilt between 1924 and 1927 and renumbered to 4, 1137-1141, 1131, 1130, 1132, 3. Cars 3 and 4 as rebuilt were parlor cars Waubasee and Winnebago.

Cars 1135-1136, as parlor cars 2 and 1, were acquired from Wisconsin Traction and rebuilt in 1924, and named Menomonee and Mendota.

Milwaukee Northern cars 1-12 were soon renumbered 1, 20, 82, 21, 31, 50, 97, 60, 81, 98, 80, 83. Most cars merged into The Milwaukee Electric Railway & Light Co. (TMER&L) fleet in 1928. Car 51 was acquired from Gary & Interurban Railway in 1920, originally Chicago & New York Electric Airline Railway. Cars 20-21, 50-51, 60, 80-83 were rebuilt by TMER&L and renumbered 1105, 1102, 1103, 1104, 1106-1110.

Cars 1180-1199 were articulated pairs.