Fiebrantz Station was opened in 1929, later than the other streetcar barns, and thus required the least amount of modernization throughout its history. View is looking northeast. The original streetcar barn consisted of the four stalls to the right, the facility was expanded to the west to include the newer bus garage.
Fond Du Lac Station has undergone various transformations throughout its history, and now consists of various garage buildings scattered throughout the site. View is looking northwest, Fond Du Lac Ave. is visible to the extreme right.
Kinnickinnic Station has also undergone various transformations throughout its history. View is looking northeast towards a garage building, which occupies an area north of where the streetcar barn had been. The sign by the flag pole marks the main entrance to the office building. At the extreme right is the front of 33 year old General Motors "New Look" bus #2013.
The new Milwaukee County Transit System headquarters is located a short distance northwest of downtown, and opened in 1988. The office area is towards the center, while parts of the shops complex are at the extreme left and at the extreme right.
The Public Service Building was built in 1905, as served as a headquarters building and interurban terminal in downtown Milwaukee for The Milwaukee Electric Railway and Light Company. That company evolved into the present utility, Wisconsin Electric Power Co., which continues to use National Historic Landmark building as its headquarters. View is looking southeast from the intersection of 3rd St. and Michigan Ave., seen to the right are what were doorways allowing interurban trains to enter the building.
The Milwaukee Electric Railway and Light Company operated an interurban line ending at East Troy, Wisconsin. After the 1939 abandonment of the interurban service, the segment between Mukwonago and East Troy was acquired by village of East Troy, to insure continued freight service from Soo Line Railroad connection at Mukwonago. This segment is now part of the East Troy Electric Railroad Museum, which occupies the preserved substation building in East Troy.