Until 1931, this route had commuter service from Chicago to Addison, reaching Addison via a spur which extended north from the main line. Intercity trains operated until the formation of Amtrak in 1971, with Broadview the only surviving station when passenger service was discontinued. Between 1974 and 1981, an Amtrak train between Chicago and Dubuque operated over this route.
Milepost locations are indicated, distance from Chicago.
Exact locations are not available for all stations.
Chicago/Central Station (1.26)
Halsted Street (3.34) - unlike on the paralleling Alton trackage, this station could not be located.
Kedzie Avenue (6.57) - station was located west of Kedzie Ave, on the south side of the tracks.
Lawndale Avenue (7.19)
Crawford Avenue (7.61) - station was located west of Crawford Ave. (now Pulaski Rd.), on the south side of the tracks.
Hyman Avenue (8.58) - likely near what now is Cicero Ave.
Hawthorne (9.05) - station was located east of 52nd Ave. (now Laramie Ave.), on the north side of the tracks. Through trains stopped here until the 1940's. Evidence of the station still apparently exists.
Ogden Avenue (10.17) - station was located west of Ogden Ave. and Austin Blvd., on the south side of the tracks.
Berwyn (11.19) - station was located east of Oak Park Ave., on the south side of the tracks. Through trains stopped here until the 1950's.
Parkway (11.95) - near 26th St., west of Harlem Ave. and southeast of present location of North Riverside Park Mall. At that location the line crossed the Chicago & West Towns Railway streetcar line to La Grange.
North Riverside (12.75) - likely near Des Plaines Ave. and 23rd St.
Tuxedo Park (13.17) - likely near 22nd St./Cermak Rd. and 1st Ave.
Hines - (14.00) - station was located east of 9th Ave., on the north side of the tracks, and south of its namesake Veterans Hospital. Before the hospital was constructed there after World War I, this was the location of the Speedway Park auto race track. And Speedway was the previous name of this station. Through trains stopped here until the 1950's.
Broadview (14.48) - likely near 17th Ave. Through trains stopped here from the late 1950's, until the formation of Amtrak in 1971.
Oakridge (16.16) - likely near Mannheim Rd.
Hillside (17.50) - likely between Wolf Rd. and Hillside Ave. Through trains stopped here until the 1940's.
Elmhurst (19.35) - station was located west of York Rd., on the north side of the track. Through trains stopped here until the 1940's. Although when Amtrak service existed over this route between 1974 and 1981, a stop in Elmhurst was made at approximately the same location.
St. Charles Road (20.24) - likely at St. Charles Rd.
Suburb Hill (21.28) - likely at Villa Ave.
South Addison (22.29) - likely southwest of the intersection of North Ave. and Addison Rd. This is where the Addison spur left the main line.
Addison (24.12) - station was located southwest of the intersection of Lake St. and Addison Rd. The station building still stands.
Cook County Suburbs (SW)
Cook County Suburbs (W)
Du Page County