CHICAGO'S LOST STATIONS

CHICAGO & NORTH WESTERN (WISCONSIN DIVISION)

Mayfair Branches


Until 1958, Chicago & North Western operated rush hour only trains over two branch lines, which existed north of Mayfair. One branch extended through Skokie, while the other branch extended to Evanston, joining the Milwaukee Division at "Canal" tower near Simpson St.

Milepost locations are indicated, distance from Crawford Ave. on the Galena Division.

Exact locations are not available for all stations.


Mayfair (5.6)

Sauganash (7.8) - station was presumably located near Sauganash Ave. and Kostner Ave.

Lincolnwood (8.8) - station was presumably located near Pratt Ave. and Kenneth Ave.

Skokie (10.3) - station was located on the north side of Oakton St., on the west side of the track.


Milepost locations are indicated, distance from River Jct., which is 1.4 miles north of Mayfair.

Exact locations are not available for all stations.

Peterson Avenue (0.6) - station was presumably located at Peterson Ave. east of Kedvale Ave. During the 1940's and 1950's, this was the only stop on the "Weber Branch" towards Evanston.

Crawford Avenue - station was located east of Crawford Ave. (now Pulaski Rd.).

Weber (3.6) - station was presumably located south of Oakton St.

Greenwood Boulevard (4.8) - station was located on the south side of Greenwood Blvd., on the west side of the track.

Evanston (Davis St.) (6.6)


MAPPING THE STATIONS

Locations of stations, using Google Maps. Satellite views are also available.

Mayfair/Sauganash Area
Cook County Suburbs (N)
Evanston