Most outlying stations remain the same, on the three lines which evolved to the Metra service. But a few stations were discontinued or relocated.
In 2006, commuter service was extended from Geneva to Elburn, serving two new stations which in each case was located away from the center of town. This in an era when most passengers would drive to and park at the stations. The older more centrally located stations in these towns were served by passenger trains until 1959.
Stations capitalized and without commentary are present Metra stations, further information on stations at official Metra Web Site.
Milepost locations are indicated, distance from Chicago.
Exact locations are not available for all stations.
West Chicago (30.0) - an early station was located west of Turner Ct., on the north side of the tracks. A later station was located at Main St. and Center St., on the north side of the tracks. That later station building still stands.
La Fox (40.6) - station was likely located east of La Fox Rd., on the north side of the tracks.
Elburn (44.0) - station was located west of Gates St., on the north side of the tracks.
Du Page County
Kane County (SE)
Kane County (W)