Most outlying stations remain the same, on the three lines which evolved to the Metra service. But a few stations were discontinued or relocated.
Stations capitalized and without commentary are present Metra stations, further information on stations at official Metra Web Site.
Milepost locations are indicated, distance from Chicago.
Exact locations are not available for all stations.
Winnetka (16.6) - prior to the 1941 grade separation project, station was located between Oak St. and Elm St., on the east side of the tracks.
Hubbard Woods (17.7) - prior to the 1941 grade separation project, station was located between Gage St. and Merrill St., on the east side of the tracks.
Highland Park (23.0) - an earlier station was located between Laurel Ave. and Central Ave., on the east side of the tracks.
North Chicago (33.2) - station was previously located south of Nimitz St., on the east side of the tracks. A separate stop, 0.8 miles north, served Abbott Laboratories for work times. The new station is closer to Abbott Laboratories, eliminating the need for a separate stop.
Waukegan (35.9) - prior to construction of the Amstutz Expressway, station was located immediately at end of Washington St., which was on a hill at that location. The east platform was accessed via an overhead passenger bridge.
Cook County Suburbs (N)