Line opened in 1901. Until 1982, certain commuter trains operated beyond Fox Lake to Walworth WI. And until 1971, intercity trains continued beyond Walworth to Janesville and Madison. Trains stopped at Bardwell until late 1940's, and at Avalon and Janesville until 1971.
Milepost locations are indicated, distance from Chicago.
Exact locations are not available for all stations.
Spring Grove (53.8) - station was located along Hatchery Rd. west of Bivin St., on the north side of the track.
Solon Mills (55.8) - station was located west of Solon Rd., on the south side of the track.
Zenda (67.3) - station was located near Station St., on the north side of the track.
Walworth (73.6) - station was located east of Main St., on the south side of the track. The building still stands.
Bardwell (82.1) - crossing with Milwaukee Road line from Racine and Sturtevant towards Savanna, station was located at the south quadrant.
Avalon (88.8) - station was located west of Avalon Rd., on the north side of the track.
Janesville (99.1) - station was located north of Academy St., on the west side of the track. The Milwaukee Road and the Chicago & North Western paralleled each other at that location, and their respective stations were almost at the opposite sides of the two railroads' tracks.
McHenry County (E)