CHICAGO'S LOST STATIONS

CHICAGO BURLINGTON & QUINCY

Branches Near Aurora

Until the late 1910's, the Burlington Route operated passenger service over two branches north of Aurora.

Milepost locations are indicated, distance from Aurora.

Exact locations are not available for all stations.


South Aurora - station on a branch on west side of Fox River, previously extending north to Geneva. Station was located on west side of River St. between Galena Blvd. and New York St.

Batavia (6.6) - intermediate stop between Aurora and West Chicago, over the original Burlington route into Chicago, using trackage rights east of west Chicago over the Chicago & North Western. Station was located at the southeast corner of Van Buren St. and Webster St. In 1973, the station building was moved to Houston St. in Batavia for preservation.

West Chicago (12.1) - station was located east of Wood St., between Geneva St. and the present Union Pacific tracks.


MAPPING THE STATIONS

Locations of stations, using Google Maps. Satellite views are also available.

Kane County (SE)
Du Page County