The main line to and from points east, included a few "neighborhood" stations on Chicago's south side.
Exact locations are not available for all stations.
Halsted Street - shared with Chicago Heights line.
Blue Island Avenue - shared with Chicago Heights line.
Ashland Avenue - shared with Chicago Heights line.
63rd Street - station was located on the north side of 63rd St., east of Oakley Ave., and on the west side of the tracks. The line was elevated at that location. This station was closed in 1971, with the formation of Amtrak.
South Chicago - an early station was located at the northwest corner of 95th St. and South Chicago Ave. At the time, the Baltimore & Ohio line from the southeast split, into the original "Brookdale" line proceeding north, and the newer line proceeding west and connecting with Rock Island trackage. All of this trackage has been abandoned.
South Chicago - station was located west of Commercial Ave., between 94th St. and 95th St. Baltimore & Ohio trains used Rock Island trackage at that location. The Rock Island trackage paralleled the Belt Railway of Chicago to the south, and the station was between the two railroads, north of the Rock Island line. Access presumably was from Commercial Ave., between the two railroad overpasses. This station was closed in 1971, with the formation of Amtrak.
East Side - a 1911 Sanborn map shows a station on the west side of Avenue L, north of 100th St., on the north side of the tracks. The line was elevated at that location. No timetables could be found showing trains stopping at this location.
Chicago Lawn Area (63rd St.)
South Chicago Area