WEST TOWNS RAILWAY MAP

(1889-1913)

Three street railway companies eventually evolved into the Chicago and West Towns Railway Co.:

Cicero and Proviso Street Railway Co. Shown in blue.

Ogden Street Railroad Shown in green.

Suburban Railroad Co. Shown in red.

Notable abandonments prior to 1913 included service on Randolph St. and on Harrison St. In addition, as certain towns were annexed to the city of Chicago, some trackage eventually became part of Chicago Railways. North of Roosevelt Rd., this includes trackage east of Austin Blvd. And south of Roosevelt Rd., this includes trackage east of Cicero Ave. With Roosevelt Rd. at the city limits, that double track line eventually had one track owned by each system, jointly operated.