TRANSIT FACILITIES IN LANSING
CAR HOUSES/BUS GARAGES
Present and past.
A map in the Central Electric Railfans' Association (CERA) Bulletin 103, "Electric Railways of Michigan" is not clear, but shows a car house on Washington Ave. near South St.
Inter City Coach Line Co. was listed in 1952 as being based at 316 N. Grand Ave.
Under public ownership, the Capital Area Transportation Authority bus garage is located at 4615 Tranter St., on the east side of the street.
The main downtown bus terminal is located at 420 S. Grand Ave., on the west side of the street. The facility also serves Greyhound.
Links to locations of past and present transit facilities, using Google Maps. Satellite views are also available.