1874 - Street Railroad Co. of Lafayette ceases operations.
1884 - Horse car service returns to Lafayette, operated by Lafayette Street Railway Co.
1888 - Lafayette Street Railway Co. electrifies all its routes.
1903 - Lafayette Street Railway Co. acquired by newly incorporated Fort Wayne, Logansport, Lafayette & Lima Traction Co. Indianapolis & Northwestern Traction Co. completes interurban line into Lafayette from Indianapolis.
1904 - Fort Wayne, Logansport, Lafayette & Lima Traction Co. acquires several other street railways and interurban railways between Lafayette and Fort Wayne, and is renamed Fort Wayne & Wabash Valley Traction Co.
1905 - Suburban streetcar line completed from Lafayette to Battle Ground.
1907 - Interurban railway line completed from Fort Wayne into Lafayette. Indianapolis & Northwestern Traction Co. consolidated into Terre Haute, Indianapolis & Eastern Traction Co.
1911 - Fort Wayne & Wabash Valley Traction Co. reorganized as Fort Wayne & Northern Indiana Traction Co.
1920 - Fort Wayne & Northern Indiana Traction Co. sold to Indiana Service Corporation, which continues to operate interurban line and line to Battle Ground. Local streetcar system sold to Lafayette Service Co.
1922 - Suburban line to Battle Ground abandoned. Lafayette Service Co. sold to new Lafayette Street Railway Co.
1930 - Terre Haute, Indianapolis & Eastern Traction Co. abandons interurban line from Indianapolis.
1932 - Indiana Service Corporation abandons interurban line from Fort Wayne.
1940 - Streetcars replaced with buses on all routes. Lafayette Street Railway Co. renamed Lafayette Transit Co.
1953 - Lafayette Transit Co. reorganized as Greater Lafayette Bus Co.
1971 - Greater Lafayette Bus Co. becomes publicly owned Greater Lafayette Public Transportation Corporation.